The GP2/11 car was introduced for the 2011 GP2 Series season in a bid to make the series more comparable to Formula One. In doing so, it would help future F1 driers adapt to conditions they would experience in the top series.
Dallara provide the chassis to all teams and the car is identical in every aspect (apart from the paint scheme). No updates are brought to any races by the teams so the cars look the same from the start of the season to the last; however a low downforce specification front wing is an option for every team at Monza.
Spare parts are available to every team and must be purchased directly from GP2 Series organisers. Structural repairs are carried out by Dallara representatives to maintain integrity.
• Length: 5065 mm
• Width: 1800 mm
• Height: 1072 mm (including on-board camera)
• Wheelbase: 3120 mm
• Weight: 688 kg (with driver on-board)
• Survival cell – Sandwich Carbon fibre and aluminium honeycomb structure
• Front and rear wing – Carbon fibre
• Bodywork – Carbon – Kevlar honeycomb structures
Engine & Gearbox
• Provided by Mecachrome
• 4 litre V8 engine
• 612 BHP
• 6 speed sequential gearbox
• Hand control gear shifters
• No onboard starter
•Anti stall system
• 6 pistons monobloc Brembo callipers
• Hitco carbon-carbon brake discs and pads
• 0-100 kph (62 mph): 2.90 seconds
• Maximum speed: 332 kph (206 mph)